SALINAS — Hartnell Athletics program has opened online registration for a series of weekly summer youth sports camps, running through Aug. 5.
Hartnell coaches lead the camps, with assistance from student-athletes, and all proceeds go to support intercollegiate teams at the college.
“More than anything, we offer these camps to help our coaches stay connected to the community and serve families in our district,” said Dan Teresa, dean of academic affairs for athletics, kinesiology and physical education. “Our coaches look forward to sharing their expertise in their sports. They do an outstanding job. The kids definitely learn new skills, but having fun is what’s most important.”
The annual camps, last held in 2019, have served hundreds of Salinas Valley children each year. Grade ranges, where listed, refer to the grade that students will begin this fall:
- Soccer Session 1 (coed), grades K-2, 9:30-11 a.m., July 11-15
- Soccer Session 2 (coed), grades 3-5, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., July 11-15
- Volleyball (girls), grades 3-5, 9 a.m.-12 p.m., July 11-15
- Volleyball (girls advanced), grades 6-12, 12:30-3:30 p.m., July 11-15
- Track and Field Games (coed, 2 sessions), ages 5-12, 9 a.m.-12 p.m., July 18-22 and July 25-29
- All Sports Track and Field (coed), ages 8-13, 1-5 p.m., Aug. 3-5
For camp descriptions, requirements and registration, visit hartnellpanthers.com/camps/camps-list.