SALINAS — Hartnell Community College District will induct the Athletics Hall of Fame Class of 2023 during a luncheon Saturday, Oct. 14, at the college’s main campus at 411 Central Ave. in Salinas.
This will be the 10th annual event for the college.
“For the past nine years, we’ve been recognizing the outstanding accomplishments of our athletes through this annual tradition,” said Michael Gutierrez, superintendent/president of Hartnell College. “It’s always an honor to welcome them back to the campus where great life stories and accomplishments began.”
Hartnell College has been producing student-athletes for over 85 years. These student-athletes have achieved success in athletics, the classroom and life.
The 2023 Athletics Hall of Fame inductees include 10 individuals and three teams across four categories: Student-Athletes, Coaches, Volunteers and Teams — all credited with having made an incredible impact on the college’s history.
“At Hartnell, we are committed to honoring our athletes’ achievements on and off the field. It’s an important part of our culture,” said Director of Athletics Dan Teresa.
The 2023 Athletics Hall of Fame inductees are:
- Gerhard Kiessling, Swim and Water Polo (1977-78)
- Carol Agamao, Softball (1993)
- Chris Lybbert, Rodeo (1970)
- Steve Ish, Men’s Basketball (1972-73)
- Mike Ward, Track (1996-97)
- James Brewster Thompson, Wrestling and Track (1973-74)
- Lloyd Higgins, Football (1981-1992) and Softball (1982 and 1991)
- Joanne Trevino Siems, Support Staff (30-plus years)
- Dennis Lehnen, former KSBW Sports Anchor
- George Watkins, former Sports Writer, The Californian
- 1958 Football
- 1981 Football
- 2005 Men’s Cross Country