MONTEREY COUNTY — The Nov. 8 General Election is almost here, and there are a couple of things voters should know to get vote ready.
Monterey County local voter information guides and ballots will begin mailing soon. State voter information guides will also begin mailing directly from the state.
All active voters will receive a ballot in the mail and in-person voting options will be available.
- Week of Oct. 5 — Local Voter Information Guides begin mailing
- Oct. 7 — Ballots begin mailing to all active voters
- Oct. 10 — In-person voting available at the Monterey County Elections Office, 1441 Schilling Place, Salinas
- Oct. 24 — Deadline to register to vote
- Oct. 25 — Conditional voter registration period begins
- Oct. 29 — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday voting at the Monterey County Elections Office
- Nov. 1 — Last day County will mail ballots out; recommended last day for voters to return ballots via USPS; in-person voting available at the Elections Satellite Office, Embassy Suites, 1441 Canyon Del Rey Blvd., Seaside
- Nov. 5-6 — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., weekend voting at Monterey County Elections and Embassy Suites in Seaside
- Nov. 8 — Last day to vote in-person or return your ballot. Voting ends at 8 p.m.
Pop-up and flex voting dates and times will be announced in the coming weeks.
The local voter guide and polling place information is available online at montereycountyelections.us/voter-guide-and-polling-place-locator/. State voter guides are available online at voterguide.sos.ca.gov.
Voters can check their voter status, including their current residential and mailing address by visiting voterstatus.sos.ca.gov. Voters can track their ballot by signing up for BallotTrax at montereycounty.ballottrax.net/voter/.
To sign up to be a poll worker, call 831-796-1485. For more information, visit montereycountyelections.us.