KING CITY — The dive pool at the King City Pool Facility will be undergoing a major renovation that will impact the 2023 King City Pools summer season.
Over the past several years, the dive pool has experienced de-lamination of the pool floor and walls, resulting in cracks in the surface. This condition requires resurfacing as soon as possible to avoid any further damage, according to City Manager Steve Adams.
Work had been slated to begin early in the spring, but inclement weather disrupted the schedule.
“As a result, the City has no choice but to perform the work in the summer, which will require closure of all the pools to the public for a portion of the construction period,” stated Adams in a news release Monday.
The dive pool work will begin May 20, and is expected to last about six weeks. Therefore, the modified summer pool schedule is as follows:
- May 30 – June 9: Open for school pool parties and afternoon swimming lessons only.
- June 3-4 and 10-11, weekends only: Open for lap swim at noon (Saturday only) and rec swim from 1-4 p.m.
- June 12-23: Facility closed to the public for dive pool fiberglass application.
- June 24 – Aug. 4: Regular season commences; open Tuesday – Sunday. Swimming lessons (Tuesday – Friday), water aerobics (Tuesday – Friday at noon), lap swimming (Tuesday – Saturday at noon) and rec swim from 1-3:50 p.m.
Swimming lesson registration began May 15 at kingcityrecreation.com. The City will offer lessons at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 4:15 p.m. and 5:15 p.m. The swimming lesson schedule is as follows:
- Session 1: May 30 – June 9, afternoons only;
- Session 2: June 27 – July 7, all sessions;
- Session 3: July 11 – July 21, all sessions; and
- Session 4: July 25 – Aug. 4, all sessions.
The construction work will be performed by R. Roddick Pool Construction of Santa Cruz.
For more information, call the King City Recreation Office at 831-385-6748.