KING CITY — King City’s Beautification Week kicks off this Saturday, and residents and businesses are urged to pick a project to beautify the town.
Beautification Week will run from June 17 to 24 under the sponsorship of the King City Chamber of Commerce and Agriculture. It is an effort to improve the appearance of the business district and the entire town.
A variety of other events tie in with the promotion, including:
- Community Drop-off Event, sponsored by Waste Management, for getting rid of large and bulky items, on Saturday, June 17, from 8 to 10:30 a.m., at the Salinas Valley Fairgrounds, 625 Division St.;
- Litter Pickup event, sponsored by King City in Bloom, on Saturday, June 17, from 8:30 to 10 a.m. Meet at the Salinas Valley Fairgrounds. Gloves, bags, coffee and donuts provided;
- Free Compost Giveaway and Workshop, hosted by Salinas Valley Recycles and Waste Management, on Saturday, June 24, from 10 to 11 a.m., at the Salinas Valley Fairgrounds. Learn how to compost at home and take home compost at no charge;
- City-wide Yard and Sidewalk Sale from Friday, June 23, to Sunday, June 25. Garage sale permit fees will be waived; and
- A Garden Tour, sponsored by King City in Bloom in cooperation with The Garden House, on Saturday, June 24. Six gardens will be open to the public from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tickets are required and available at The Garden House, 650 Canal St.