KING CITY — The 31st annual King City Chamber of Commerce and Agriculture and King City Rotary Club joint meeting to promote Beautification Week is planned for Wednesday, June 14, at noon.
The luncheon at San Lorenzo Park’s DeAnza building is being sponsored by Waste Management. The event is free, but those interested need to call or email the Chamber office at 831-385-3814 or [email protected] to register. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend.
The meal will include a hamburger barbecue prepared by the King City Rotary BBQ crew on the pits donated to the park by the Rotary Club.
The main guest speaker for the day will be Lance Wierschem with RRM Design Group out of San Luis Obispo.
RRM is involved with several projects, including the King City Downtown Plaza and streetscape projects, soon to start construction.
The main topic for the luncheon will be “Low-Cost, Drought-Tolerant Landscape Tips” in keeping with the City of King’s effort to reduce water consumption in the city. In addition, others will speak briefly about events surrounding Beautification Week including:
- Community Drop-off Event, sponsored by Waste Management, for getting rid of large and bulky items, on Saturday, June 17, from 8 to 10:30 a.m., at the Salinas Valley Fairgrounds, 625 Division St.;
- Litter Pickup event, sponsored by King City in Bloom, on Saturday, June 17, from 8:30 to 10 a.m. Meet at the Salinas Valley Fairgrounds. Gloves, bags, coffee and donuts provided;
- Free Compost Giveaway and Workshop, hosted by Salinas Valley Recycles and Waste Management, on Saturday, June 24, from 10 to 11 a.m., at the Salinas Valley Fairgrounds. Learn how to compost at home and take home compost at no charge;
- City-wide Yard and Sidewalk Sale from Friday, June 23, to Sunday, June 25. Garage sale permit fees will be waived; and
- A Garden Tour, sponsored by King City in Bloom in cooperation with The Garden House, on Saturday, June 24. Six gardens will be open to the public from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tickets are required and available at The Garden House, 650 Canal St.
As in the past 30 years, the concept for Beautification Week is to ask every resident who lives and works here to do one thing to improve the appearance of their property.
Beautification Week is scheduled June 17-25 and is jointly sponsored by the King City Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Waste Management, Salinas Valley Recycles, City of King and King City in Bloom.